CCIE Security v6.0 Course Training in Mumbai, India
- Training Mode
Classroom and Online
- Learning Method
Lecture & Self-Study
- Training Hours
2 Hours per day
- Hands on Labs
- Study Material
Weekdays (Mon-Fri) & Weekend (Sat-Sun)
CCIE Security v6.0 Course overview
Being the most reliable CCIE Security v6.0 training in Mumbai, Octa Networks takes great pride in providing world-class training facilities and infrastructure for CCIE aspirants. CCIE Security v6.0 Boot Camp, CCIE Security Rack Rentals, and CCIE Security v6.0 Online training are some of the noteworthy ingredients of CCIE Security training practice at Octa Networks. Highly experienced and certified coaches powered by 24x7 availability and access to Cisco hardware devices prepare the students at Octa Networks not only for their certification exams but also for their career success. Octa Networks has a proven track record of training CCIE Security aspirants to achieve their certification goals followed by growth-oriented and prosperous careers.
CCIE Security v6.0 certification is an embodiment of core knowledge and practical skills in handling the most complex scenarios of the entire IT Security aspect of the network lifecycle (Designing, Deploying, Operating & Optimizing). CCIE Security v6.0 training at Octa Networks revolves around acquiring a broader range of skills and a deeper focus in critical technology areas as per the course content prescribed by the CISCO CCIE Security certification blueprint. In other words, CCIE Security is the evidence of the knowledge and skillsets acquired by an individual to architect, engineer, implement, troubleshoot, and support complex security solutions and technologies.
The best CCIE Security v6.0 onsite and online training institute in India, Octa Networks provides expert training and robust infrastructure for developing your Cisco specific technology and deployment skillsets supplemented with vendor-neutral industry knowledge. Octa Networks makes sure that you have real-world security implementation and troubleshooting experience/skills that the market demands and differentiates you from the rest of the crowd.
Our training methodology is completely based on reference exam blueprints, equipment list, and recommended study resources which are used to enhance security skillsets such as Security Theory, Problem Solving, Configuration, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting.
On 24th Feb 2020, Cisco has rebooted the Certification program by launching CCIE Security v6.0 which replaced CCIE Security v5.0.
Below are the details of the CCIE Security v6.0 certification:
1. Qualifying exam (350-701):
- Security Concepts
- Network Security
- Securing the Cloud
- Content Security
- Endpoint Protection and Detection
- Secure Network Access, Visibility and Enforcement
2. CCIE Security v6.0 Lab exam:
- Perimeter Security and Intrusion Prevention
- Secure Connectivity and Segmentation
- Infrastructure Security
- Identity Management, Information Exchange, and Access Control
- Advanced Threat Protection and Content Security
In a nutshell, Cisco rebooted the CCIE Security blueprint to cover the most relevant technologies and business needs by designing a qualifying core exam which covers technologies including Automation and Programmability while the lab exam will validate end-to-end lifecycle skills with complex infrastructure, from planning and design to operating and optimizing.
CCIE Security v6.0 Certification Course Details
- 2 months of Instructor-led classroom training
- 2 months of instructor-led online training
Who should enroll?
- Network engineers with Core exam - Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR 350-701)
- Network engineer with at least five to seven years of professional experience with designing, deploying, operating and optimizing enterprise security technologies
- Network engineers need to use an expert-level problem-solving process that includes options analysis to support complex network technologies and topologies
- Network designers that design and support complex network technologies and topologies
- Students and professionals in the IT and Technologies sector who wish to enhance their knowledge and acquire an internationally recognized professional certification which can improve their job prospects
What you’ll learn in this course?
- Implement core Cisco security solutions to provide advanced threat protection against cyber security attacks
- Security for networks, cloud and content, endpoint protection, secure network access, visibility, and enforcements
- Configure Cisco Firepower Threat Defense technology
- Implement advanced Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) and Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) features
- Deploy and use Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS)
- Detection of network-based malware and file type, NGIPS tuning
- Configuration including application control, security intelligence, firewall, and network-based malware and file controls
- Deploy and use Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) v2.4
- Highly secure access control across wired, wireless, and VPN connections
- Implement, use, and maintain Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA)
- Provide advanced protection for business email and control against web security threats
- Deploy proxy services, use authentication, implement policies to control HTTPS traffic and access
- Deploy and troubleshoot traditional Internet Protocol Security (IPsec), Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN), FlexVPN, and remote access VPN
- Design advanced automated security solutions for your network
How you'll benefit
Upon completion of this course, candidates will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Create, analyze, validate and optimize network designs, which is the base for all deployment activities
- Understand the capabilities of different technologies, solutions, and services
- Translate customer requirements into solutions
- Assess readiness to support proposed solutions
- Deploying, operating and optimizing network technologies and solutions
- As a CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert), you can position yourself as a technical leader in the dynamic world of enterprise networks
- With the CCIE Security v6.0 certification, you get to combine technical expertise with design skills which can add tremendous value to your skillsets
- CCIE certification enhances your skills across the lifecycle of the enterprise infrastructure right from design, deploy, operate and optimize stages
- New age technological needs of networking automation and network programmability are part of the CCIE certification. CCIE acquires these essential skillsets in the form of CCIE certification
- Incremental recognition is an attractive feature of CCIE certification revamps. You need to clear the qualifying exam and CCIE lab. Passing qualifying exam (SCOR 350-701) entitles you to a specialist certification. It means, after clearing the qualifying exam and lab exam, you get CCIE certificate and specialist certification
- Adding the CCIE certification badge on your social media platforms gives you instant recognition and increases the visibility of your profiles
What is CCIE Security v6.0 Course Curriculum?
Our CCIE training has been designed & developed adhering to latest Cisco Blueprint and includes all modules of CCIE Security v6.0 Exam.
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in New CCNA
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with firewall, VPN, and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) concepts
- Familiarity with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- TCP/IP services, including Domain Name System (DNS), Secure Shell (SSH), FTP, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), HTTP, and HTTPS
- Clear understanding of the benefits of site-to-site and Remote Access VPN options
- Basic programming language concepts
These courses are mandatory to help you meet these prerequisites:
- Deploy, implement and troubleshoot Cisco ASA Firewall
- Deploy, implement and troubleshoot Cisco IOS VPN
- Deploy, implement and troubleshoot Cisco L2 Security
- Deploy, implement and troubleshoot Cisco IOS Firewall & Cisco NFP (Network Foundation Protection)
- Deploy implement and troubleshoot Cisco WSA
- Deploy, implement and troubleshoot Cisco ISE (AP & WLC)
- Deploy, implement and troubleshoot Cisco ISE (AP & WLC)
- Deploy, implement and troubleshoot Cisco NGIPS Virtual (VMware)
- Deploy, implement and troubleshoot Cisco ESA
For more in-depth course curriculum information – please check CCIE Security Training Course Curriculum Details
- Switch Port Configuration
- Operation and Implementation of VLAN
- Operation and Implementation of VTP
- Operation and Implementation of STP
- Protecting the Spanning Tree Protocol Topology
- Operation and Implementation of RSTP and MST
- Operation and Implementation of Ether-Channel
- Operation and Implementation of DHCP and DHCP Relay Agent
- Operation and Implementation of NTP
- Operation and Implementation of HSRP, VRRP and GLBP
- Operation and Implementation of Port Mirroring to Monitor Traffic
- Operation and Implementation of Layer 2 Security Technologies
- WSA Topology Introduction and Initial Configuration
- WSA Installation on VMware Workstation and Basics
- Explicit Proxy Mode URL Filtering Using Custom URL Categories
- Explicit Proxy Mode URL Filtering Using Global Policy
- Explicit Proxy Mode Download Limit For HTTP, HTTPS and FTP
- Explicit Proxy Mode IP Base URL Blocking For HTTP, HTTPS and FTP
- Explicit Proxy Mode URL Redirection
- Explicit Proxy Mode Active Directory Integration and Proxy Authentication
- Advanced Web Security: WSA Management and Command Line Interface (CLI) Basics
- Advanced Web Security: WSA High Availability Using VRRP and PAC File
- Advanced Web Security: How to enable HTTPS Proxy on WSA
- Advanced Web Security: Time Range and Volume Quota
- Advanced Web Security: AVC and Web Reputation Configuration Examples
- Transparent Proxy Configuration Labs
- Cisco Identity Services Engine configuration and implementations
- Static and Default Routing on ASA
- RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP,SLA,NAT,CTP on ASA
- Site-Site, Remote Access, SSL VPN on ASA
- VPN Load balancing on ASA
- Transparent Firewall on ASA
- Security Context on ASA
- Failover,MPF,IPv6, OSPFv3,O on ASA
- NAT With IPv6 on ASA
- Site-Site, SSL VPN With IPv6 on ASA
- Advance Firewall Features With IPv6 on ASA
- Dynamic Routing in Multiple Mode on ASA
- Site-Site VPN in Multiple Mode on ASA
- Site-Site VPN IPv6 in Multiple Mode on ASA
- Implementation of IPSec and Cryptography
- Implementation of Site-Site VPN, Remote Access VPN, SSL VPN
- Implementation of DMVPN, GET VPN, Flex VPN and much more
What to expect in the exam
The 8 hours practical exam will assess candidate's skills through the entire network lifecycle of designing, deploying, operating and optimizing complex network scenarios. The exam consists out of 2 modules that are fixed in time and will be delivered in a fixed sequence:
The goal of this module is to measure ability to create, analyze, validate and optimize network designs, which is the base for all deployment activities. Candidates will need to:
- Understand capabilities of different technologies, solutions and services
- Translate customer requirements into solutions
- Assess readiness to support proposed solutions
The module is scenario-based, without access to any devices. Candidates will be provided with a set of documentation required to discern before answering web-based items.
Examples of documentation include email threads, high-level design, network topology diagrams, customer requirements and restrictions, etc. Examples of web-based items include Drag-and-Drop, Multiple-Choice-Single-Answer, Multiple-Choice-Multiple-Answer, Dropdown items, etc.
During this module backward navigation will be disabled. As such, candidates will not have full visibility on all questions within this module. Points value(s) associated to each item are not displayed within this module.
In this module, candidates will be deploying, operating and optimizing network technologies and solutions.
- Deploy: Candidates will build the network according to the design specifications, customer requirements and restrictions. All steps required for a successful network implementation will be covered, including configuring, integrating and troubleshooting the commissioning of technologies and solutions, as per Exam Topics
- Operate and Optimize: Candidates will operate and optimize network technologies and solutions. This includes monitoring network health, network performance, configure the network to improve service quality, reduce disruptions, mitigate outages, reduce operating costs, and maintain high availability, reliability, and security, as well as diagnose potential issues and adjust configurations to align to changing business goals and/or technical requirements
This module provides a setup that is very close to an actual production network environment and will consist of both hands-on (device access) as well as web-based items. Where possible, a virtualized lab environment will be used in this module. Please refer to the equipment and software list for more detailed information.
During this module backward navigation will be enabled. Candidates will have full visibility on all questions within this module. Points value(s) associated to each item are displayed within this module.
What is the passing score for CCIE Security v6.0 Lab Exam?
Each module has both a minimum score and a pass score. Both minimum and pass scores are set on a per-module basis, based upon exam difficulty level.
- The pass score corresponds with expert level competence
- The minimum score is the absolute minimum score expected from an expert level candidate
To pass the exam, candidates need to score higher than the aggregated pass score of both modules and score higher than the minimum score set on each of the modules individually
If candidates score less than the overall aggregated pass score of both modules OR score less than the minimum score set on 1 (or more) of the individual modules, they will fail the exam. Upon passing the exam, candidates will not be provided any additional score details.
Candidates that fail the exam will be given a score report, indicating what module(s) they passed or failed. Additionally, candidates will be provided cumulative scoring percentages on a per domain level, across both modules.
What Devices are used during Hands-on Labs?
Our CCIE Security v6.0 Training program provides the students with opportunity to have hands-on labs on CCIE Racks which are based on latest CCIE exam blueprints and in return boost their confidence to work with such high end devices efficiently in enterprise networks.
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE): 2.4
- Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA): 9.2
- Cisco Email Security Appliance (ESA): 11.1
- Cisco Firepower Management Center Virtual Appliance: 6.2
- Cisco Firepower NGIPSv: 6.2
- Cisco Firepower Threat Defense: 6.2
- Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv): 9.4(3)
- Cisco CSR 1000V Series Cloud Services Router: 15.5.(3), 16.6.3
- Cisco StealthWatch SMC-FC: 6.10
- Cisco FireAMP Cloud: 5.3
- Cisco Wireless Controller (WLC): 8.3
- Cisco DNA Center Release 1.3.1
- L2IOSv: 15.2
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance: ASA5512: 9.2
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance: ASA5516: 9.8
- Cisco Catalyst Switch: C3650: 16.6
- Cisco Catalyst Switch: C3850: 3.7
- Cisco Wireless Access Point: AP1852: 8.3
- Test PC: Windows 10 Enterprise
- AD/DNS: Window Server 2016
- Linux Kali: 4.17
- Cisco Anyconnect: 4.2
What Jobs are available after the course?
- Sr. Security engineer
- Lead Consultant Security
- Consulting systems engineer
- Technical Solutions Architect
Do you provide Placement Assistance, post completion of the training?
We are 100% committed to offer placement assistance to our students. Industry approved Resume Templates are provided to candidates as guidance to assist them in writing their resumes. We also provide students with FAQ interview questionnaire to help them prepare for their job interviews.
What is expected salary after the CCIE Security v6.0 Training Course?
On an average a CCIE Security Certified Engineer with 5 plus years of experience gets salary in the range of INR 1,00,000 (1 Lac) per month in India.
After CCIE Security training course, what is the Next Step?
Learning never stops. We always recommend CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure training. There is huge demand for CCIE Security certified Engineers in market. These training and certification will establish your authority as an industry expert and provide you better career opportunities in the market.
|Exam Name||Exam Code||Duration||Cost||Registration:|
|8 Hours||1600 USD||CCIE Portal|
Training Plan & Schedule
|CCIE Security v6.0 Training|
|Batch||Weekdays (Mon-Fri)||Weekend (Sat-Sun)|
|Mode||Classroom / Online||Classroom / Online|
|Hours||2 Hours/Day||4 Hours/Day|
|Duration||2 Months||4 Months|
|6 July 2020||CCIE Security v6.0||Classroom / Online||Weekdays (Mon-Fri)||Enquire now|
|11 July 2020||CCIE Security v6.0||Classroom / Online||Weekend (Sat-Sun)||Enquire now|
|20 July 2020||CCIE Security v6.0||Classroom / Online||Weekdays (Mon-Fri)||Enquire now|
|25 July 2020||CCIE Security v6.0||Classroom / Online||Weekend (Sat-Sun)||Enquire now|
I would like to recommend anyone who wants to pursue their CCIE journey or any certification exam to enroll with Octa Networks.First of all they have the best professional trainers in the world and and you get to practice on real devices 24/7 guided by the only 2 Octa s and professional trainers.The pass rate is very high and I have learnt a lot of security technologies from them and I am confidently ready for the CCIE lab and real world work challenges.I have witnessed lot of students coming to Octa Networks empty handed and walking out reach with technologies,knowledge,skills and qualifications that gives them high salaries and even takes them abroad.Recruiters head hunt in Octa Networks everyday, so make sure that you don t miss this lifetime opportunity.
It is an amazing experience from #Octa Networks Octa Networks
The training they are providing for CCNA Security is awesome. The lecture by @Munavar khan is wonderful. The way he explaining and relating technical stuffs with our real life example is amazing. Special thanks to #Joaquim Fernanders and #Arshad Dhunna for giving us such a great opportunity to learn.
Dear All, This is Venkat , I would like to say Thanks to allowed me on Whatsapp group for the CCNA Security, I was Waiting for this Long time , Was missed Last Batch, lucky joined this November batch,
Would like to Thank you for Octa networks and Team, Thankx Arsad and Joaquim
I will come to training part it was Very good who is taking the training Mr, Munawar Khan his having the skills , and teaching style , handle the ethics, overall is very good, what i feel, last time he had did on the first day training on the topic likes Vuelnerability, Threats, Attacks , Recking all this handle the way is very nice , he has own layman language style is good,
Due to this we can able to catch the concept easily , i would like to continue for this training, felt in love for this Security Technology.
Currently, I am taking CCNA Data Center training which is lead by Mr. Ronak Vyas. I appreciate his efforts in guiding and explaining the DC concepts. Also, he answers all the questions or doubts raised by the participants after explaining the topic.
Mr.Ronak very well explained step by step on concepts like UCS, OTV and VPC in Lab rack setup practically.
Hello guys, my name is Ranjit and I am happy to share my experience at Octa Networks. I enroll through Online classes for CCNA (R & S). The trainers at Octa Networks @ Rathod Jagdish are really professional and ensure that students develop a crystal clear understanding of the concepts. Lab and Theory both are explained very well, in depth, step by step.Most important is He shares practical knowledge as well. Moreover, We are more than 100 participants in online training, still trainer manages everything, Clear all doubts for all. It's difficult to manage, but @ Rathod Jagdish manages it smartly. If you want to gain in-depth knowledge of networking then Octa Networks is the best place for you in INDIA. Again, many thanks for quality training to Octa Networks Team . Joaquim Sir and Arshad Sir you are doing best.
Aspak Alam Khan
One of my friends recommended about this to me and unfortunately I ignored him for few months. Later I agreed him joined their classes. Since then I was blaming myself for not joining before. They are excellent in technology classes. They have students worldwide . If you want to get your #CCIE_Digit this is the right place for sure. When it comes to RnS classes, Sancchit Puri, You are the best!!
Congratulations to you from my side for your start-up. Octa Networks is good place to learn the Networking concepts in depth with the help of real time experienced faculties. And the institute is offering free CCNA and CCNP training to students. I really appreciate your support and guidance which you guys are providing for freshers and experienced persons.
Frequently Asked Question
You need to pass one core exam (Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies SCOR 300-701) and the corresponding lab exam CCIE Security v6.0 to achieve your CCIE Security certificate.
Yes. The same technology core exam will serve as the core exam for the CCNP and CCIE certification.
The CCIE Security program designed to cover core technology areas and validate end-to-end lifecycle skills in complex security technologies and solutions from planning and design to operating and optimizing. Automation and programmability aspects are an integral part of the CCIE Security blueprint.
You can select weekdays or weekend batches as per your convenience. You can opt for an onsite or online course. Regular weekday (Mon – Fri) classroom training takes 8 weeks or 120 hours while Weekend (Sat-Sun) classroom training takes 2 months or 120 hours. Please get in touch with us for the schedule, fees and other details.
According to the CISCO procedures, printed CCIE Security Certification takes 6-8 weeks to reach you by mail after results get declared. Check the status of your certificate in your Certification Tracking System.
The date with a “Mailed” status implies the dispatch of your certificate on the specific date. In case, No status found or 8 weeks are over, you can register a case with the Certification & Communities Online Support team at www.cisco.com/go/certsupport.
The typical study material for CCIE security training is Cisco press books, latest workbooks prepared & revised regularly by experts.
Fresher may earn between 6,00,000 – 7,00,000 INR which may increase significantly with work experience, improved hands-on skills, and other related factors.
We provide a lab training facility in Asia with 24×7 Lab access with rack and lab administrator guide along with CCIE certified faculties. Additionally, we offer great value for money to all our candidates through Personality development sessions. We are the best CCIE training institute in Mumbai.
Yes. Please refer to the Training Plan section or get in touch with Octa Networks team for further details.
Following are some of the roles offered to CCIE Security candidates:
- Network Engineer
- Senior Network Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Network Security Engineer
- Network Security Administrator
- Network Security Specialist
CCIE certificates are valid for 36 months. After these initial 36-months CCIEs have the flexibility and option to recertify using one of the options below before the certification expiration date:
- Through the Cisco Continuing Education Program only :
Earn the required 120 CE credits, or
- Thorough Examination and Continuing Education :
1. Pass one technology core exam and earn 40 CE credits or
2. Pass any two professional concentration exams and earn 40 CE credits or
3. Pass any one professional concentration exam and earn 80 CE credits
- Examination Only :
1. Pass any one expert-level certification exam or
2. Pass any one CCIE lab exam or
3. Pass any three professional concentration exams or
4. Pass one technology core exam and pass anyone professional concentration exam. (This is also a CCNP certification if done in the same track.)
You need to pass one core exam and the corresponding lab in the same technology to achieve your CCIE certificate.
Yes. The same technology core exam will serve as the core exam for the CCNP and CCIE certification in the same track.
Once you clear the technology core exam (SCOR 300-701), you can clear the CCIE lab exam within 3 years of passing the qualifying technology core exam. Plus if you can pass the corresponding technology concentration exam, you will get CCNP certificate too.
Having a CCNA or CCNP certificate is not necessary before appearing for the CCIE technology core exam and the corresponding lab exam. You can directly appear for the technology core exam and then attempt the CCIE lab after clearing the technology core exam provided necessary concepts and knowledge of the exam topics are understood clearly.
All the current certificates will be valid for the full three years from the date of certification. After 24th Feb 2020, you will get the new corresponding certificate too which will have the same validity as that of your original certificate. For example, if you have an active CCIE Wireless v3.1 on Feb 24th, 2020, you will be granted the new CCIE Enterprise Wireless v1.0 certification. The important thing to note here is that when you are granted the updated certification, your certification validity will remain unchanged.
If you clear the lab exam on or before 23rd Feb 2020 or you are an active CCIE, your suspended year will be converted to an active year. For example, if your active CCIE would have been suspended beginning April 21st, 2020, you will have your status activated until April 21st, 2021.
Yes, the same written exam serves as the core exam for CCNP certification and CCIE certification.
The new CCIE lab exams will be available April 27, 2020.
For the latest update on impact to CCIE lab testing, please visit http://cs.co/ccielabclosures.
Learners will be able to choose between wireless and infrastructure lab exams within the Enterprise track. All other CCIE lab exams are standardized to the technology track, including Security, Service Provider, Security and Security.
Yes, you are required to pass the technology core exam before you take the lab exam.
The CCIE lab exam is being updated in order to assess candidates’ skills through the entire adoption lifecycle of designing, deploying, operating and optimizing complex network scenarios. The lab format has changed to assess these skills end-to-end.
The CCIE lab format will change to assess candidates’ skills through the entire adoption lifecycle of designing, deploying, operating, and optimizing complex network scenarios. The lab exam consists of 2 modules that are fixed in time and will be delivered in a fixed sequence:
• Module 1: Design (3 hours)
• Module 2: Deploy, Operate and Optimize (5 hours)
Automation and Network Programmability skills are an integral part of both modules.
A CCIE or CCIE Emeritus that maintains their active or Emeritus status for 20 years has the option to choose a lifetime Emeritus status with no fee. For more information on the CCIE Lifetime Emeritus Benefit, please visit https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/trainingcertifications/certifications/expert/ccie-program/emeritus.html.
Yes. If you passed exams prior to the migration that are equivalent to a technology core exam, you have three years from the date you last passed a technology core equivalent exam to take the CCIE lab in that same track. After three years have lapsed, you must pass the technology core exam again in a given track to be able to take the CCIE lab in that track. For example, an individual with an active CCNP Routing & Switching certification who last recertified their CCNP on September 23, 2019 can take the CCIE Enterprise lab up until September 24, 2022. An individual who obtained their CCNP Routing & Switching certification on February 25, 2017 will have until February 26, 2020 to take the CCIE Enterprise lab. An individual that has passed both ROUTE (300-101) and SWITCH (300-115) exams on September 23, 2019 will have until September 24, 2022 to take the CCIE Enterprise lab.